So we've come to the conclusion there's a 'National' Holiday for just about everything. However, chili might be one of the best on the list. There are endless ways to eat chili, from the main ingredients, to what you top it with. The fourth Thursday in February honors this American winter favorite. So what better way to bring in this delicious holiday, than with a mouth-watering chili recipe.. the Empyrean way.
3 lbs of Buffalo Sirloin (1/2-inch dice)
2 large Spanish onions
2 red peppers
5 cloves of garlic (crushed)
1/2 gallon beef stock
2 TBSP of salt
2 TBSP of chili powder
2 TBSP of onion powder
2 TBSP of Spanish paprika
1 TBSP of cayenne pepper
2 TBSP of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 TBSP of Cumin powder
1 large can of tomato sauce
1/4 cup of clover honey
1. Brown meat, garlic and peppers in oil
2. Add all your spices and cook until fragrant
3. Add beef stock, tomato sauce and honey
4. Turn stove on medium-low and let simmer for an hour and half
5. Serve with Jalapeno Cornbread & Enjoy!
Share with us on our Instagram story how you enjoy your chili?